Friday 22 June 2012

Nightmare! Hold the press

 

I woke up this morning having had the most awful nightmare I've had in years. I dreamt that Alice was having a long discusssion with that notorious newspaper woman with the hair - I can't remember her name right now. [A frequent feature of dreaming - typist] You know the one I mean: the one who's been questioned by the LeaveUsAlone Inquiry. Bother, that's not right either. Her face wasn't clear at all. (I'm sure she wouldn't have published anything so fuzzy.) Oh dear.

Aaah - I've got it. Rita Looks. No, Books. It's Rita Books!

Then the scene sort of faded and next...
















Oh NO. Surely she wouldn't. It was only a dream, even the date is wrong. But then she just might. She's been in such a terrible temper with me about this Vera stuff, for quite some time now.

So...
  • Solstice Bonfire - report cancelled.
  • Poetry Group - information postponed until the next meeting.
  • Dancing news - on hold.
  • Shakespeare reading - post delayed for a few weeks.
  • Book discussion - write-up not currently available.
  • Prometheus - wait til after the next Film Appreciation Group meets.
  • Monkey's wit and wisdom -  I regret you won't find any here for a little while.
Please note that the author of this blog is currently engaged in serious negotiations.
A full statement will be released as soon as possible.

OK, Alice?