Monday 11 June 2012

In this Post: Surprise archival find.

Coming soon: Dancing, Jubilations part two, Poetry group, Prometheus.

 

Surprise find in photographic archives
Don't forget if you click on the photos you get to see them full size. (Middle click even better!)

I've had a funny feeling for quite a while now, that the record of my travels (See 21 May 2012) was incomplete. So I got Alice to check the archives, which are all nicely backed-up on an external hard drive, of course. And she discovered an image of me relaxing with Vera in a hotel in Peru! In the original, Vera was looking a bit the worse for wear (she was just recovering from flying in an extremely tiny plane over the Nasca Lines) so I requested an edit which focussed properly on myself.

My absence from any other photographs, however, reveals that I was left in the various hotel bedrooms every day, and never taken to see the amazing sights.

What a tragedy! What a travesty!

A real "Fairy" Godmother had bequeathed the money which paid for this Trip of a Lifetime. She would have been horrified at such a terribly unkind omission.  

And this little girl on one of the floating islands of Lake Titicaca seems to be asking where I am, don't you think? 

[Maybe Vera was actually ashamed to be seen with someone like Monkey as her travelling companion? Alice]

But fear not. With the benefits of modern technology, we have been able to show you what the photo would have been like if Vera had taken me with her to the fabled Machu Pichu. All's well in a virtual world, I find...