Thursday 14 June 2012

In this post: Bouquets & Brickbats

Still coming soon: Jubilations part two, Poetry group, Prometheus


Bouquets and Brickbats

That's Alice's title. I haven't a clue what a brickbat is!
[Look it up. Use your imagination. Or just read on - Alice]  No need to be so stroppy. Your page will come soon, really it will.

We went back to see our insect-loving friend at Harvieston yesterday. After a pleasant lunch on the balcony again, Alice helped him (with her immense technical expertise) to deal with some computing difficulties. Then we went for a stroll in the grounds and admired what could be seen of the Arboretum. I've looked that up: "a place where trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants are cultivated for scientific and educational purposes". Unfortunately it's rather overgrown at the moment and some of the rare trees are almost completely hidden from view. But our latter-day Wallace picked this big bunch of lilac and rhododendron for us. How sweet of him. Being small myself, I asked Alice to gather a few tiny wild flowers for me. Lovely.

Imagine my horror when we returned home, to find his insults posted on the original Harvieston post (See Harvieston May 23rd.) Of course we responded immediately. How am I supposed to know big words like "arthropodologist"?

I do wish everyone didn't seem to be so grumpy with me just now.