Friday 6 July 2012

Distant Cousins


I know we should be "catching up" with all the things postponed by the recent troubles about Vera, but I'm so excited about what we did yesterday, that I just can't wait.

Alice took me on a trip to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Office to get a ticket for my cousin Monk's show in August. He's appearing with his vocal assistant, Nina Conti. We'll have to try and sit near the front so I get a good view. My shorter stature sometimes makes for problems at public events, but we usually find ways to surmount them. [Here Monkey shook with laughter at his somewhat simplisitic pun - Alice]


Monk with Nina

I'm really looking forward to seeing Monk "in the fur". We're both big fans and have watched him on TV and on YouTube. I felt quite cross when they imprisoned him on that psycho-whatsit course (scroll down a bit on this link to get to the review) but I just loved the ones where he hypnotised Nina!  Warning to the sensitive: Monk swears even more than usual on this clip.

Alice likes what she calls, "The self-referential, philosophical elements underlying the double-act." Sometimes she can be so pretentious. I merely enjoy a good laugh.

What a shame I'm not a famous show-biz personality too, but only a little-known blog writer (alas silent) or they could pull a press angle along the lines of Monkey Cousins Meet at Fringe. Ah well, I'll just have to dream.

You can book your tickets online now. Go on. We'll keep you posted later about how it goes on the night.